Saturday, November 17, 2007

The Earthquake

For those of you who have been asking, here is my spanish entry. The english translation follows.

Era jueves, a las 10:13 in la noche. Estaba durmiendo. Me desperte porque oi un ruido alto. Pude ver la ventana moviendose. Pense que alguien en the casa estaba corriendo. Oi al padre gritar "bajen todos" pero, no desperte totalmente. No entendi porque alguien estaba corriendo en la casa en la noche. Cuando me desperte en la manana, olvide lo sucedido, hasta que la madre me pregunto si he sentido el temblor. Entonces me acorde. No pude entender porque el hijo fue abajo dejandome en mi cuarto??

It was Thursday at 10:13 pm. I was sleeping. I woke up because I heard a loud noise. I could see the window shaking. I thought someone was running in the house. I heard the father yell "everyone downstairs" (my room is on the 3rd floor), but I was not really awake so I did not understand what he was yelling. I did not understand why someone was running in the house or why the father was yelling so late at night (you see I thought it was midnight). When I woke up in the morning, I forgot what had happened until the mother asked me if I felt the tremor. Then I remembered. I could not understand why the son had gone downstairs but left me in my room "asleep"??

The Earthquake epicenter here in Ecuador was in the jungle. We just got a tremor and no damage was done in Cuenca. There was also an Earthquake the same night in Chile that did a lot of damage. I do not know all the details about either one (or if they were really the same one). I wish I had been fully awake to appreciate, I hear it was pretty impressive. It lasted about 25 seconds.

1 comment:

Kristin Baker said...

Yies! Glad to hear everyone is okay.