Wednesday, October 24, 2007

volunteering

This week I am volunteering at Foundacion Hogar in the afternoons. There is a group of doctors from the States here so there are between 100-200 patients per day. So I go in and help out after my spanish classes.

It has been weird for me, here´s why. This is the first time I have seen patients when not in a training program. The other doctors here know my story, they know I did a fellowship and they know I just finished. But they are not family doctors except one (one family doc, one cardiologist, one PA who works urgent care, one NP, and one pediatrician.). So they have been sending me most of the female patients with female problems. And the cardiologist (who has probably been practicing for 20+ years) is asking me questions. This is what is wierd for me. I have always been in a training program, and now people are coming to me when they don´t know something.

Everything else is going good. I am enjoying spanish class, but I feel like I have gone backwards. I am learning more grammar now, so I am trying to say things correctly so I speak so slowly now. I am sure this will improve with practice.

Keep praying as I know this is helping me tremendously. I was reading about David this week. It is amazing to me how many times he messed up big time, yet God continued to bless him. And it appears to me that he ultimately stayed on track, he kept the Isrealites focused on God, and he advanced God's Kingdom. This is encouraging because I know I mess up a lot of times as well, and yet God continues to bless me also. What a great God we serve!!

1 comment:

Wendy H said...

I love to read about all these adventures! How awesome to be able to help out so much at Hogar. When is your spanish blog post coming?