Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Ready to leave

This is my first Blog post, so please be patient with me. This is a learning process for me.

I will be leaving for Ecuador in one day. I have to say that so far the hardest thing for me has been giving my 2 bearded dragons away. I know the friends that have them are going to take good care of them and keep me posted on how they are doing. But it was still hard. Many people probably do not understand this. Just think about your animals, whether it be dogs or cats, birds, small mammals, or whatever you have, think about having to give them away. It is the same thing.

So right now, I do not think the reality of moving overseas for 2 years has hit me. I will be coming home in 2 months for about 2 weeks. So right now this is just like a 2 month mission trip, no big deal, right? In January when I leave for the remainder of the 2 years is when I think it is going to hit me.

Well, Please keep in touch and send me comments or e-mails.

4 comments:

Squeda's said...

Becky,

Hope all went well with your departure. Just to let you know, I think we have a spoiled lizard. He has already let it be known to us that he likes to come out of his habitat, and watch TV with us. BTW, he doesn't feel threatened by Natalie or Maggie either. I think he is going to be just fine. Also, Christine has been fussing with him so much since you left. Tonight I am going to let her hold him, while I give him his pedicure, (he has "nailed me" real good). Well, good luck on your adventure, you will be in our prayers.
Love ya,
Joe, Chrissy, and IGGY

Kristin Baker said...

Welcome to the blogging world! So sorry I missed your commissioning while I was in GA. Nancy told me all about it. I miss you and am praying for you. I'm so glad you have this blog so we can get updates on how you're doing! Have a great time, and I'll see you on your Christmas visit!

StevieSzokie said...

We're praying for you already. It's funny, even though I haven't seen much of you over the past couple years, I feel like NOW I'm really gonna miss you. I am so proud of my sister....steve

Clara said...

Hi Honey,

Hope your trip to Ecuador was better than the last one. Missing you. Chris and Joe are really bonding with Iggy, Joe and he have napped together. I think that his pedicure was completed tonight, now maybe Chris will hold him.

Becky, you are constantly in my prayers. I am so proud of you for doing what I know God's plan for you is, serving and helping others who would not have good medical help and would not learn about Jesus if it was not for you and others like you. May God's blessings be upon you.

Learn lots, we'll see you in Dec.
Love, Clara