Sunday, June 15, 2008

Meet Uncle Jerry


Uncle Jerry is a jungle turtle. Now I know some of you are thinking, then why is he in a closed space being fed by people? Well, I can not answer that question, I was not the one who took him from the jungle and placed him in an enclosed space, but now that he has been that way for years, I have gladly volunteered to be his newest caretaker. He is named after one of our former missionaries who just left. I am not planning on changing his name in honor of Jerry Koleski who we will all miss.
Today was my first day to care for him. I fed him a banana and he loved it. I think we will get along great. Many of you know how much I love turtles and lizards, so you know how excited I am about my new friend.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwww, he's cute!
Laura

Kristin Baker said...

So glad you found a reptile friend to care for. You're like the Steve Erwin of tiny reptiles . . . : )