Monday, July 28, 2008

How many tarantulas can you encounter in one day??


One of my friends has been here in Shell since January, she has not yet seen a tarantula and she is leaving Shell in 1 week. Since I have seen my share of tarantulas, she asked me to help her find one. Well, I remembered hearing that there was living on the house behind mine. So I went over there last night and there she was, about twice the size of the one that was on my house, but the same breed. So We took pictures and watched it for a while.

Today some of my friends from Cuenca came to visit me in Shell. I was talking to them about the tarantula as well and they too wanted to see it. So we went over to the house behind mine and there she was. Then we went back to my house and I was showing them the turtle. The turtle was in his house, so I had to walk through the plants and pick him up. I told them I have this fear that one time I am going to walk through these plants and there is going to be a tarantula there. Well, I got the turtle, walked out of the enclosure, and looked down. And right next to my foot, about to walk across my bare foot that was in flipflops, was a tarantula. I flipped out. I called my friend (the same one that came and got the one that was on my house) and she came and got it. This one was a different breed and she was excited because it is a male, that is why he is much smaller, and she has the female already in her house. She says she plans to breed them??? Weird!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ok, that just freaks me out! ick!!!