Tuesday, February 26, 2008

First Snake Sighting

Yesterday I was walking with a friend past another friend's house. And I spotted my first snake in Shell. It was about 3 feet long, thick like a quarter, and the best part, it was already dead. My friend's cat, Tiger, was playing with it. Apparently he catches snakes on a regular basis, plays with them for a while then kills them and eats them. I think it was actually still alive when we walked up because I saw the head move, but it was dead within seconds of us spotting it. Then I watched as the cat ate some of the skin and part of the tail. I talked with my friend this morning, she said he ate the head and part of the tail and that is all. She told me now that she has a cat that eats snakes, she has realized how many snakes there really are here in Shell. She recommended I get myself a shovel for when I encounter a live one. I plan to get right on that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lol! I'd be buying that shovel right away!
~Candy

Anonymous said...

I would not be walking around after dark!!! Get two shovels...
Just in case!
Love Chris