Sunday, February 10, 2008

Eww...What is that?


The grossest thing yet happened to me this am. I was in the shower, all I had left to do was rinse my hair when I lost all water pressure and then the water got really hot. So I turned on the cold full blast and it came out forcefully. I finished rinsing my hair and turned the water off. I looked down because I always have to move my hair away from the drain for the water to drain, and there was brown stuff on the tub floor. I assumed it was from my foot scrub so I pushed it toward the drain. I quickly realized it was a different consistency, then I saw that it was all over my arm and my leg. It had the consistency of ear wax (you might not appreciate the consistency of ear wax if you are not a doctor, but you might be able to imagine). Then I realized it must have come from the shower head or the pipes when I turned the cold on full blast. I had to shower all over again. I have decided I will be getting a new shower head and very soon. I talked with another missionary who has been here for a while. She told me that was the sludge that collects in the pipes because the water here is not that clean. Is it even worth taking a shower if that is what is in the water???

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eew! That IS gross. Maybe you should check your kitchen sink too?
~Candy

Kristin Baker said...

Wow, we take so many things for granted here!

Anonymous said...

Ewwwww--is it possible to wash with "bottled water"? HA HA
Laura