Sunday, December 14, 2008

Just to give you a laugh

The other day, I was working late, I got home about midnight. I went to bed shortly after that. I woke up, had no clue what time it was, and there was a HUGH tarantula walking under the top bunk (thus, just above my head). I screamed, threw my blanket at it and jumped out of bed. My feet got caught up in the blanket, and I fell flat on my knees. Now I was freaking out because I was caught in the blanket and the tarantula was caught in the blanket too. I managed to free myself and ran out of the bedroom. Now I was panicking, heart racing, couldn't catch my breath, wondering what I was going to do. I still had no clue what time it was because all the clocks were in my room. I knew it was after 12 but before 5:30 because it was still dark outside. So I called the nurses station at the hospital. I explained what had happened and she said she would send the only man who was working in the hospital at this hour. I told her, there was a problem. I was not wearing any pants and was not going to go back in my room to get any. So 2 nurses showed up at my door with a broom (I still have no clue what time it is). They searched my room, took the sheets off the bed, flipped the mattress, looked with a flashlight behind the dresser, under the bed, under the treadmill, everywhere. NOTHING!! One of them looked at me and said "I think you were dreaming!" I was not convinced because this was the most real image of a tarantula and I was awake when I saw it. So now I know it is 1:15 am, the nurses leave, I close the bedroom door and lay down on the couch in the living room. Sometime later, I woke up and again saw the same thing above my head. This time I realized that it was not real. Regardless, I hardly got any sleep, but I now know that I was dreaming. Unfortunately, I have 2 bruised knees and have still not slept in my own bed.

2 comments:

Beth said...

Hey Becky!
I just discovered your blog through Facebook. Congrats on you awesome career / mission. I'll be interested to keep up with you and what you do. We're all fine here in Tennessee. Seeing your name has gotten me reminiscing about our biology trip. Take care and feel free to check out our blog sometime too. baderpartyoffive.blogspot.com
Beth

Kristin Baker said...

We need to send you a bigger bug vacuum....and a watch