Monday, March 17, 2008

Second snake sighting


Well, so far so good. I have seen my second snake, and it too was dead. This is a coral snake (I only know that because someone told me) and unlike my first snake sighting, this one is poisonous. It was found outside the back door of the house behind me. The lady who found it was in her car (a big van to be exact) and saw it standing up. She ran it over 2 times with her car and it was still standing up in strike position. The neighbor came over and chopped its head off with a machete. I know it looks like a baby, but from what I have been told, it has enough venom to hurt you really badly.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

that looks yummy! Thanks for the decapitated snake pic!!!

sister sunshine said...

Just another day in the neighborhood. (that's bizarre. Are you supposed to get used to that???)

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of myself because when I looked at the pic I thought "Oh, that's a coral snake. They are poisonious!". (I'm serious!) I know when I see a snake in my backyard I grab my machete and chop it's head off...or maybe I just run and scream like a little girl. :)

~Candy

Anonymous said...

*Sigh* I just hit send when I realized I didn't type 'poisonous' right. Man! I really hate that!
~C