Saturday, February 14, 2009

Found - 1 Boa Constrictor


This is a very friendly, but at the time, very hungry boa constrictor. He (or she) was found near the guest house on our property here in Shell. When the maintenance guys found it, they brought it to my house looking for me. Then they came to my office looking for me. Apparently they knew I would want to hold it. It was pretty cool, this is definitely the biggest snake I have ever held. It was very heavy.
Don't worry mom, I have been here a year and this is the first big snake I have encountered, and this one is not poisonous.

1 comment:

The Welch Family said...

Hey Becky,

Our boa got out and was run over - if you come across another - feel free to drop it by our house in the old cage (the girls are pretty upset :)
Maria felt awful - but things happen.
We look forward to coming back and receiving your phone calls when you find cool creatures.